- Share to or
Ukrainian General Staff says Russia is preparing a new wave of ‘covert mobilization’
The General Staff of the Ukrainian Armed Forces claims that, beginning December 10, the Russian army could see a new wave of “covert mobilization.” In its morning report on November 27 the department said:
According to our information, preparations are underway, in the Russian Federation and on temporarily occupied Ukrainian territory, for a new wave of covert mobilizations into the ranks of Russian occupying forces beginning on December 10 of this year.
In times of war it is impossible to immediately verify information disseminated even by official representatives of parties to the conflict.
Follow Meduza in English on Twitter to stay up to date.
So-called “partial mobilization” was announced in Russia on September 21. The part of the presidential order that specifies how many people authorities plan to call up for military service is classified. The Russian Ministry of Defense said they had in mind 300,000 people. At the end of October, Russian authorities announced that mobilization was complete and the plan for conscripting people for the war was fulfilled. However, no decree about the completion of mobilization was issued. Meduza sources previously reported that authorities could conduct a second stage of mobilization in the winter. The Kremlin officially denies having such plans.
- Share to or