Sandwich vending machines poison 65 in Moscow
At least 65 people have experienced severe food poisoning after making purchases from Healthy Food brand vending machines in Moscow, according to regulators in the city’s branch of the Federal Service for the Oversight of Consumer Protection and Welfare. Moscow residents who ate food from the vending machines have been diagnosed with acute intestinal infections, including salmonella.
Muscovites working in the city’s business complexes began checking into hospitals due to food poisoning on July 10. Many said they had eaten tuna sandwiches from Healthy Food vending machines, 48 of which were subsequently shut down.