Kremlin spokesman complains of ‘unrelenting drone strikes by Ukraine’s forces against civilian targets,’ makes no mention of the attack on Moscow
Kremlin spokesman Dmitry Peskov urged reporters to “pay particular attention to the unrelenting strikes by Ukraine’s armed forces using drones against civilian targets and civilian infrastructure in various Russian cities and towns,” according to the Telegram channel Vy Slushali (“You Were Listening”). Peskov made no mention of Moscow or the Moscow region, which Ukraine struck overnight on May 17 in the largest drone attack on the region so far.
At the briefing, Peskov told reporters that “the peace process is on pause,” but that the Kremlin expects it to resume. “We are counting on our American colleagues to continue their peacemaking efforts,” he said.
At Meduza, we are committed to transparency about our use of artificial intelligence in the newsroom. The story you’re reading was written by one of our living, breathing journalists and translated from Russian using an AI model configured to follow our strict editorial standards. This translation process is the result of extensive testing and refinements to ensure our English-language coverage is timely and accurate. A Meduza editor reviews every draft before publication.
If you find any errors in this translation, please contact us at reports@meduza.io.
To read Meduza’s exclusive content in English, please subscribe to our newsletter.